This page describes how to edit the information about a student, and how to add a sticky note to the student's main page for other educators to see.
- Click the Students tab and find the student whose information needs to be edited. Use the search criteria to refine the results displayed.
- Click Edit Information on the left-hand menu.
- Update the student's information under the relevant section; School, Basic, Address etc.
- Add some notes in the Notes section.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- If notes have been entered in step 4, they will appear in a sticky notes on the student's main page.
When leaving a sticky note in the SIS it is necessary to be aware of the message inserted. Appropriate times to insert a sticky note are when you learn something about the student that is timely and important for all stakeholders including other teachers to know about. Examples include:
- Student availability or unavailability (going on vacation, competition session, training schedule, etc.
- Academic integrity concerns - if a student plagiarizes in one course, the teacher should place a sticky note for other teachers to be aware of concern. See example below:
Offense, Course Name, Lesson Name, Activity Plagiarized, Action Taken, Notifications, Teacher First Initial Last Name, Date Reported:
Example: 1st Offense, US History I A-IC, Civil War Reconstruction, Essay, Reset and notified student, mentor and guardian, A.Knudsen, 11/9/2020
- Student preferences - if a student shares that they go by a different name, prefers one time of communication over another, etc.