Welcome K-5 Parents
Edgenuity is excited you are here. The most essential training materials specifically relevant to you, as parents/learning coaches, are gathered below. These resources are designed to help you and your student(s) get up and running quickly. We wish you the very best as you embark on your journey with us!
Edgenuity has partnered with Accelerate Education to bring you this K-5 content. You will play an integral part in helping your student maneuver through their courses. It is important to understand your role as a learning coach to help the student go beyond the content being taught.
Whether a parent, family member, teacher, para pro, or another adult working with a student, as the learning coach you will help the student(s) as they are going through their courses.
Accelerate Education outlines the following roles a learning coach will play:
- Guide the student through the lessons as needed
- Discuss the concepts being taught
- Assist with interactive tools and games
- Oversee assignments
- Help facilitate hands-on learning that may be in the course
- Check for understanding of assignments
- Keep the student on schedule and pace
- Ensure all course components are being done with fidelity (independent reading, novel studies, practice activities, etc.)
- Communicate with the teacher as needed
K-5 Getting Started
|K-5 Complete Guide||First Day Requirements|
Grade-Level Learning Coach Guides
|Grades K-3||Grades 4-5|
Additional Grade-Level Resources
|Kindergarten||Grade 1||Grade 2|
|Grade 3||Grade 4||Grade 5|