Welcome to Odysseyware Academy!
We are thrilled to have you and your student join the Edgenuity family. Good luck, and have a terrific year!
Accessing the Mentor Account
To help stay current on your student’s progress, a mentor account was created for you. An email with the subject: Odysseyware Academy Account Creation Notification that will look like:
- Click the link in the email.
This is the same login page for students.
- Login using the username and password provided.
- Feel free to edit your personal information, by clicking the Edit Account button.
What if my student forgets their password?
There are one of two options that can be done:
- Reset the password.
- Go to the Students tab.
- Click the student's profile.
- Click Reset Password in the Basic Information box.
- The student will receive an email with their username and password.
- This is a temporary password so students will need to login and change their password when they receive the email.
- Search for the current password.
- Click the All Affiliations button under the Affiliations tab.
- Click the hyperlink name of your school.
- Select Students Credentials under the Academic box.
- The username and password will appear for all your students. It will automatically update anytime a password is updated.
Monitoring Student Progress
- Click Students tab.
- Click the name of the student to view.
- Select the desired option under Enrollments:
Snapshot Get a quick overview of your student’s course grades, pacing, and activity. Gradebook View comprehensive course assignment grades and due dates and see teacher contact and office hour information. Student Activity See how much time your student is spending logged in. Enrollment History See a student’s grades for completed courses.
What to watch for
- Students behind in pacing or who have not started their course
- Students who use max attempts on lessons and score low on quizzes and tests; they probably aren’t understanding the material and need additional support
- Students who have not completed assignments for a week or longer. Check the Gradebook to see dates of completed assignments.
- Changes in typical progress. A student could have outside factors influencing completion such as illness, emergency, technical problems, etc. For example:
- A student who typically completes assignments every day has multiple days in a row that they are not completing work (even if there are still on track with pacing)
- A student who rarely works is suddenly completing large amounts of assignments at an unrealistically fast pace with higher scores than would be expected for the student (may want to look at possible academic integrity issues).
- Students with upcoming end dates (ensure that they are on pace or request extensions as needed)
- Projects that show a status of Completed in the Gradebook but the posted grade is 0. This could indicate an issue with the student properly uploading files or could indicate that the student is submitting blank work to avoid doing projects.
- Activity minutes that consistently only show 25 minutes. The system automatically logs students out after 25 minutes of inactivity, so activity minutes that show multiple periods of 25 minutes could indicate a student logging in and then not working and waiting for the system to automatically log them out.
- Prospective NCAA student athletes not attending office hours (this is required for them to maintain academic eligibility). Attendance to office hours is documented in the communication log.
Students can send help requests to their teachers from within their assignments. They can also contact their teacher via email, phone, or by participating in the teacher’s online office hours (see Gradebook for the link). For technical support or other questions, call 888-399-4267.
There are also some excellent resources and guides for students in the External Links on the left when students first log in. You can find these guides by going to our Knowledge Base at https://www.odysseyware.com/trainingresources/academic-services-academy.
To run reports on progress of current enrollments, go to the Enrollments tab and select your school in the Affiliation drop down and select Get Data.
From here, you can customize the columns to show the data you want to review by selecting Customize Columns.
One field that is especially useful in monitoring student progress is the AssigBehind which shows the number of assignments a student is behind pacing for each enrollment. If the number in this column is greater than 0, the student is behind pacing. Negative numbers indicate students are ahead of pacing.
Once an enrollment has been completed or dropped, it will no longer show in the active enrollment report above. You can see this data by going to the Affiliations tab, selecting your school, and then Enrollment History under Historic Data. From here you can filter by time frame and status. To remove filters, choose Select for both fields and then Get Data.
Any enrollments with the status of Dropped Grace or Dropped Error are those enrollments not charged to the school. In addition, schools are not charged for Student Orientation courses.
Click Export Results to Excel to export, if desired.