Use this page to learn about the grade metrics within Edgenuity's system.
To learn more about the grade metrics, click here.
This is the weighted average grade for completed activities based on the grade weights for each type of activity.
Students, Parents, and Teachers should reference this grade daily to determine whether a student is beginning to struggle with mastering the content. If this metric begins to decrease, the student is not mastering content.
- shows mastery of content and skills in the course
This is the overall grade adjusted for progress if a student is behind. This score doesn’t assume zeros for uncompleted work; it simply penalizes for falling behind.
It makes use of a ratio that represents the student’s actual progress divided by his/her target progress.
This grade will never be higher than the overall grade when students are working ahead.
- shows the impact of pacing on the student’s course grade
This is the grade that a student would earn if he/she stopped working and received 0% for all unscored activities that count toward the final grade. This grade reflects work not completed by the student.
- provides a metric that can be used if a student drops the course
- Check grades in the academic snapshot tab
- Read and respond to messages daily
- Plan on working at least one hour per day per course or at least 5-7 hours per week per course
- Take e-notes as they can be used on quizzes
- Email/call/text your teacher for help or schedule time for a conference on blackboard
- Take learning into your own hands and let the course guide you
- Use your school mentor for support